Sunday, October 30, 2016

Kunle Afolayan fears he will not be able to pay the loan he got for his latest movie,'The CEO'.

The movie has a rich blend of veteran actors and A-list role players in the Film industry with a cast of many races across the world. Kunle Afolayan is in London currently having a premiere of the movie, The CEO and he has no refrain in expressing hid fears about refunding the loan he had borrowed with the hard economic recession biting hard into the fiber of Nigerians.
He was caught up in an interview by Sahara Weekly Magazine where he divulged his fear about paying back the bank loan.

In his words   “It costs a fortune; we are talking hundreds of millions of naira. We haven’t recouped the money and am not sure I will recoup that money ‘cos now the economy is bad and I have said this several times and there is really no point saying it again; but part of the funding for CEO, we got from Bank OF Industry (BOI) and that money needs to be paid back, I think I even have about maybe eight months left to pay back and it’s a bit scary, because I don’t know how I am going to pay it. But I want to believe that somehow, it will get paid. A lot of Nigerians complain about good quality. For you to have good quality it comes with a price and the price is money. Some days ago, Desmond and I were joking and I said to him that I paid the director of my photograph for CEO this amount, and he said to me, Kunle; you paid that amount? That is the budget for a whole film now. So you see, really, sometimes; I think it’s better to play small. But for some of us, who have already made name, you can’t come down and play lower. If you are going to come down on your budget or that, you have to make sure the production value is not compromised or that that thing you are known for is not compromised. But CEO is still doing very well, we are doing the London premiere in October, and it’s going to be in London’’

Comment with your Facebook

No comments: